[lbo-talk] Philip Mirowski - Social Physicist

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 5 13:32:15 PST 2010

cb wrote:

> > The binary opposition is the binary opposition. The structure is the
> > relationship or identification of two ore more binary oppositions. In
> > my example, male/female is _not_ the structure. Get it ?

I haven't been following this thread closely, but this seems sort of bizarre. If x is the relationship, why are you binging in Y at all. It seems that you are merely in love with the WORD, "structue." If it is a relationship, then you can forget "binary" and "structure" and settle down to study social relations ratheer than play semantic games.

Carrol