[lbo-talk] Disappoint With #125

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 10:56:12 PST 2010

I'm trying to figure out exactly what this means. Speaking as faculty (non-tenure-track at the moment, for the record), I see myself as precisely not admin, and, on the other hand, as entirely pro-student . . . at least when it comes to students learning something.

And I'll tell you another thing for sure: administration does *not* see faculty as administration . . . faculty are simply the enemy: we cost money, and we engage students mainly where they least like to be engaged -- namely, in classrooms. Also, we surely get more students complaining about what they don't like about faculty than about anything else at the school, with the possible exception of food services, which are universally loathed pretty much at every school I've ever been associated with (whether as student or as faculty).