[lbo-talk] Disappoint With #125

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 12 10:03:06 PST 2010

Alan Rudy wrote:

> I am a professor, of sorts...

Precisely. And you ought to be a professor, period, not just of sorts. But if we blame professors for high tution, or identify them with Administration, or hold professors as professors responsible for capitalist power over the university, we are, willy-nilly defending the legitimacy of keeping yhou only a professor of sorts. I would like to see Chuck Grimes work out in some details the politics implied by his wonderful narrative of research at California.

Carrol