[lbo-talk] Disappoint With #125

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 11:07:57 PST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Alan Rudy wrote:
> >

> > I am a professor, of sorts...
>
> Precisely. And you ought to be a professor, period, not just of sorts.
> But if we blame professors for high tution, or identify them with
> Administration, or hold professors as professors responsible for
> capitalist power over the university, we are, willy-nilly defending the
> legitimacy of keeping yhou only a professor of sorts. I would like to
> see Chuck Grimes work out in some details the politics implied by his
> wonderful narrative of research at California.
>
> Carrol

Yeah, but I argued that even the Ann Arbor Chuck wasn't really blaming faculty. I'm pretty sure he was blaming administrations... remember his repeated pointing to the Pres of UofM? _I_ certainly wasn't blaming faculty for the ways their lives are being manipulated or for having very much impact at all on the cost of a university or college education.