[lbo-talk] Disappoint With #125

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:39:29 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [WS:] FYI, instruction accounts for just under 28% of all expenditures of
> public universities and that share went slightly up between 2003 and 2006.
> Research accounts for only 10% and that share went slightly down in the
> same
> period. (see http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d08/tables/dt08_362.asp)

Thanks for posting this, Wojtek. I've been trying to figure out how to compare the numbers in < http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d08/tables/dt08_361.asp>, specifically from 1969-70 up to 95-96, which I've done some calculations on. The problem is that the table I'm linking to doesn't split out "instructional" from "research" and has an "admin and other" category that doesn't exist in the more recent table.

Any thoughts on how to line up the data in these two tables so we can see trends clearly? Or is it just going to be impossible?