[lbo-talk] Americans' class self-ID

brad bauerly bbauerly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:54:45 PDT 2010

That was actually my point. There is a lot of speculation as to their actual class location around here and here http://theactivist.org/blog/misreading-the-tea-leaves (which is who my original post was aimed at). You are correct, in that I shouldn't have said middle class but middle income. I think the left needs to really think hard about why it did not think that a crisis would impact and mobilize the middle income group as it did. We need to think long and hard if we need to only think in terms of the very worst off or if we need to build a class coalition that includes those middle income people who neoliberalism is currently throwing under the bus.