[lbo-talk] green consumers: thieving pricks

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 05:13:40 PDT 2010

Wojtek: That is still better than straightforward cooking the numbers (as some occasionally do) - but it marks the trend of social science veering into the realms of social commentary and opinion journalism.

[WS:] On the second thought, this "so-so science" is perhaps more insidious than outright cooking the numbers. When exposed, cooking the numbers is clearly recognized as fraud, whereas the so-so science can pass for truth behind flimsy covers of procedural correctness.

Wojtek