[lbo-talk] Texas school board drops Jefferson, adds Calvin

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 20 20:34:48 PDT 2010

Largely a result I think of a generation of medievalists being brought up to avoid any taint of Marxist historiography. The baleful effects of postmodernism included the avoidance of the slightest attention to modes of production. That was not the road to success in US history graduate schools of the last quarter of the 20th century. --CGE