[lbo-talk] it's done

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Mar 21 07:23:51 PDT 2010

POLITICO Breaking News: -----------------------------------------------------

House Democratic Caucus Chairman John Larson says Democrats have clinched the 216 votes they need to pass President Barack Obama's health-reform plan. "We have the votes now -- as we speak," Larson told ABC's "This Week." "President Roosevelt passed Social Security. Lyndon Johnson passed Medicare. Today, Barack Obama will pass health- care reform.” Pressed if some Democrats may lose their seats for supporting health reform, Larson said: "Yes. It's quite possible." Leaders expect the vote between 6 p.m. and midnight.