[lbo-talk] Texas school board drops Jefferson, adds Calvin

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Mar 21 08:13:12 PDT 2010

On Mar 21, 2010, at 11:01 AM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:

> And I wouldn't exculpate postmodernism - among other things a non-
> innocent way of avoiding dangerous questions.

Given the horrified reactions of so many to "postmodernism" - which I thought had been getting obsolete, but evidently not - I don't get this claim. It seems to make lots of people, mainstream and Marxist, very uncomfortable. And I'm not really sure to whom this vague word is supposed to apply - Foucault? He certainly didn't avoid dangerous questions about madness, incarceration, sex. Butler? Ditto. Etc.

Doug