[lbo-talk] why liberal Dems are absolutely useless or worse

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Mar 23 19:40:39 PDT 2010

Carrol writes:

> Now the debates on this list over Congressional legislation or
> presidential elections or bailout progams for the banks are precisely of
> this sort. They do not and can not make a difference to the outcome of
> the questions they debate. SA's feeling that the bill should pass did
> not make and could not make any difference to the Congressional vote.
> Nor could Doug's opinion make a difference, or mine. Our debate is as
> empty of material content as a debate over whether Michigan or Ohio will
> win their game next year.

Here is your answer:

It just occurred to me to tip off Healthcare-Now, the national single-payer coalition, to Chris Maisano's Cloward-Piven strategy suggestion. When I went to their website to find their email address, I saw they'd already put Chris' post up on their front page:

http://www.healthcare-now.org/

SA