[lbo-talk] M. Parenti joins the New Atheists?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Mar 25 04:25:48 PDT 2010

At 07:16 AM 3/25/2010, Joseph Catron wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com>wrote:
>
>honestly? I've read through this thread and I don't understand what is at
> > stake...
> >

>omigod! omigod! if lefties say big meanie stuff about the religious, those
> > religious people are neeever eeever gonna like us.
> >

>You obviously haven't read it very carefully, if your straw man there is the
>problem you imagine most of us to have with the likes or Parenti.

ok. so what is the problem? you pointed at a review of Parenti's book that made it out to be a book worth reading. you quoted this part:

"Assessing the Bible in the light of literal interpretation as advocated by fundamentalist Christians, rather than inspiration Parenti finds a deeply troubling narrative ..."

what's at stake? who cares about new atheism? why are you reading their stuff. what in the world could it possibly matter what they have to say.