[lbo-talk] repulsive right-wing press release

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:28:15 PDT 2010

First off, this seems like a real missed opportunity for the right: why not spin it is as the US having such an awesome health care system even rich Turks want a piece of the action?

Second, how can the good Dr. cite the CIS in good conscious: they are total hacks and no one with any credibility would cite that org--that and a completely uncited wiki (which appears to be misspelled--not CoperWiki but http://www.copperwiki.org/index.php?title=Birth_Tourism) are two of the press-release ready citations. I can only imagine what jewels of authority he cites in the long form.

And third, anyone notice the name of the "Frosty Wooldridge." I, personally, felt the whole thing was an elaborate set up for an Onion-type joke, where the punch-line was this guy's name. That and the citation of a random wiki. Definite LOL there.

People who read this kind of crap deserve the awful government they get. I just wish we didn't all have to live under it.