[lbo-talk] repulsive right-wing press release

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 08:09:14 PDT 2010

Not only that, but simply having a child born in the US doesn't give *you* any rights to live there. The child can live there without you, or move there after turning 21 and then sponsor you for a green card (a process that itself takes a number of years), but as the parent of an American citizen baby you yourself have zero residency rights in the States.

Some people will do anything to live in another country, so I have no problem believing there are some people having babies in the US in the hopes that it might one day help them get residency there. But it's hardly one of the most pressing issues in US immigration law, even from a right wing loony perspective.