[lbo-talk] The Nation invokes "sedition" against the right

Jesse Lemisch jesse.lemisch at verizon.net
Fri Mar 26 17:03:35 PDT 2010

Early in 1991, some autonomy occurred in Lithuania, which was put down by Soviet troops. Eric Foner wrote an article in The Nation saying that Gorbachev of course could not tolerate secession and therefore likened him, heroically, to Lincoln. When I arrived in Moscow in March (?), I f ound that Eric's Nation piece was reprinted on the front page of Pravda.

Jesse Lemisch

----- Original Message ----- From: "c b" <cb31450 at gmail.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 5:26 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] The Nation invokes "sedition" against the right