[lbo-talk] M. Parenti joins the New Atheists?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Mar 28 15:02:33 PDT 2010

On Mar 28, 2010, at 5:27 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> I picked up a copy. It's dedicated to Giordano Bruno [who was no
> atheist!]...He was raised Catholic, considered becoming a priest...

It is amusing that Parenti's previous book was devoted to another of his heroes, Gaius Julius Caesar--who was not only a priest (*flamen dialis*, until Sulla allowed him to quit that unbearable job), not only the High Priest (*pontifex maximus*) of the Republic, but even, ultimately, a God (acclaimed as such by the *vox populi* and the *vox cometae*).

Shane Mage