[lbo-talk] M. Parenti joins the New Atheists?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 21:42:06 PDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

I don't think you can put it all on Elich. The quote you selected from him
> that started this whole thing seems to me to match shag's reading and the
> quotes she's been giving from Parenti's book...
>
> That was somehow turned into Parenti working out of his league as a bible
> scholar and we were off to the races.

Dennis, I'll accept the blame for my initial post leaving you with the erroneous impression that that was the root of all my problems with the impression Elich conveyed of Parenti's book. It was probably a mistake for me to assume that the sheer awfulness of the review would speak for itself.

However, I'm really at a loss to imagine how you could possibly still think that after everything else I've (over)posted here, like this:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20100322/004531.html