[lbo-talk] M.Parenti joins the New Atheists?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:29:04 PDT 2010

Joseph Catron wrote: CB: So, your position is that Afghanistan _is_ a theocracy even when
> not under the Taliban ?

Are you putting me on? I wouldn't say it's my position so much as an objective fact.

http://www.president.gov.af/Contents/68/Documents/199/ChapterOneConstitutionState.html

^^^^^ CB: No, I just wasn't clear on what you were saying.

OK, but it's my reading of your posts on this thread that you were criticizing Parenti for crudely criticizing religion, like a New Atheist. But on non-Taliban Afghanistan , it seems like you are calling it a theocracy and he isn't. Or did I misunderstand ?