[lbo-talk] shop class as soulcraft

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Mar 30 18:26:25 PDT 2010

i picked this book up as a gift: Shop Class as Soulcraft by Matthew Crawford.

I'm just getting into it, between that and Rose Tremain's The Road Home - which is pretty good so far.

So far, Shop Class is a decent read and will be of interest to folks who are interested in the nature of work, critiques of intellectual labor that don't rest on the valorization of manual labor which Crawford takes pains to reject early on.

Will write more as I find time to sneak the book away from mi marido.

shag