[lbo-talk] videogamers: a profile

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:35:24 PDT 2010

So... your argument is that depressed, introverted and unfulfilled people should play videogames, or collect stamps, rather than play videogames, or collect stamps, alongside a range of activities that might, all in combination, reduce videogame playing but generate an overall more fulfilling, social and enjoyable life?

I'm not taking an anti-video game position, or suggesting that we oughta generalize about videogamers - if I had to guess I'd imagine a breakdown by games might be of some use, I'm just saying, directionally causal or not, if there's a correlation it might be worth a little bit more than this kind of dismissal.