[lbo-talk] how did you become a lefty

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Tue May 4 05:26:26 PDT 2010

I became a leftist because I heard someone calling a Republican stupid. I thought with such a cogent and in-depth analysis I must hear more from this person and fully accept their point of view....But seriously, I was big into the radical environmental movement and was getting pretty frustrated. I read a piece by Kirkpatrick Sale in the Ecologist on how the market was the source of environmental problems and then I read everything John Bellamy Foster had written on the subject. About the same time I ended up getting into a van with some others folks and heading to Seattle for the big to do. So, theory based on a solid critique of the liberal understanding of an issue and a movement to back it up.

Brad