[lbo-talk] how did you become a lefty

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue May 4 05:49:09 PDT 2010

I come from a pretty conservative Midwestern family -- pro-Vietnam War, pro-Nixon/Reagan, etc -- but my Dad's second wife was a Kennedy liberal, who planted a seed in me. Then comes the Army, exposure to Black Muslims, begin reading The Militant, become aware of Central American issues, write political satire for a theater group I co-founded, get my discharge, move to NYC, work with what's left of the Yippies, start dating a rich girl whose mother's involved with the Sanctuary Movement, and so on . . .

Dennis