[lbo-talk] how did you become a lefty

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed May 5 18:47:33 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...then came Krugman, the IMF criticism, seeing political reality and the
> 2001 economic crisis down here in Argentina, and again, I began to connect
> the dots...
>
> So yes, I can thank M.Moore for it.
> FC

Then came Chavez and South America leaning a bit towards the left...

FC PS: Family background also played a role. I heard stories all my life as a child about my grandfather working at the State owned airplane factory under Juan Peron´s term, and what a great advance for the nation it was, all of which was destroyed after Peron´s overthrow. So, Peron wasn´t a communist, but certainly believed in State intervention in the economy, a mixed system, if you prefer.

-- "Me gustaría vivir un tiempo razonable. Qué se yo, mil, dos mil años". -Ernesto Sábato