[lbo-talk] anti-pro contradictions

Somebody Somebody philos_case at yahoo.com
Sun May 9 11:22:30 PDT 2010

Calling them pro-statist probably overstates matters. Nobody's advocating for 30's style organic unity of the classes under a charismatic leader, or even anything faintly reminiscent of it. Real statists, if anything, might be calling *for* death panels. They're basically extreme conservatives of the American type - business oriented, anti-tax, and pro-traditional institutions (namely the armed component of the state).