[lbo-talk] anti-pro contradictions

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 10:15:05 PDT 2010

shag carpet bomb does it make sense to refer to tea party as being anti-government/pro-statist ? something's niggling at me that it doesn't make sense or there's are easy objections to it, but I can't put my finger on it.

i'm trying to get at the anti-government sentiments: opposition to welfare, redistribution, taxation, etc. but the pro-statist sentiments: support for the military, patriotism, westphalianism, police state, etc.

or maybe just anti-government/pro-westphalian does the trick.

thoughts?

shag

^^^^^^^ CB: This combination is the core Reaganite values, not new. We've been oppressed by this trend for thirty years. Middle strata doing the dirty work for the ruling class.

Could this be a splintering of the Grand Reaganite coalition, so, that the "opportunity" in this crisis is the potential death rattle/swan song of Reaganism ?