[lbo-talk] London Underground's Privatization Experiment Dead as Remaining PPP is Bought Out

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu May 13 17:55:55 PDT 2010

Granted, but accountability is a big deal. A government that is not accountable is a problem.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek S" <wsoko52 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:46:45 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] London Underground's Privatization Experiment Dead as Remaining PPP is Bought Out

PPP is a technical term in public policy discourse, and it denotes a meaningful reality. There is a difference between government agencies and private entities these agencies contract to deliver public services - neoliberalism notwithstanding. To make a long story short, private entities can do far more than government agencies can without running into legal problems, and that is one of the main reasons why government agencies use private entities. Think Blackwater.

Wojtek