[lbo-talk] n+one

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Thu May 13 18:43:18 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:17 AM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:
> I picked up a copy of n+1 today - apparently Issue 8, which isn't the
> current issue, 9. It's quite good. who is behind this journal? Anyone know?
> Where'd it come from?
>
> <http://nplusonemag.com/about>http://nplusonemag.com/about

Yeah, n+1 is great. It's been around a few years, the editors are young (well my age, early thirties) and I don't think had much of a background before putting it out. The goal apparently is to do something like the leftist literary journals of the 1930s-50s. They seem to have an affinity with the London Review of Books. One of the n+1 editors had a pretty good essay in the LRB a couple weeks ago about Fredric Jameson:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v32/n08/benjamin-kunkel/into-the-big-tent

Mike Beggs