[lbo-talk] Class Duty: Greater Indolence and Fucking off on the Job

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri May 14 09:36:42 PDT 2010

Michael Smith wrote:

> I'm from Kentucky myself. And I have a very high opinion of indolence.

Lack of indolence among U.S. workers is a major source of working-class weakness. I would like to again claim that those in the "people-serving" jobs (teachrs, nurses, firefighters) have a class duty to be lazy themselvesd and encourage it in their fellow workers.

Certainly they have to get rid of the vile sentiment expressed by a teacher to Jeeffrey Fisher, that she worked her tail off and the union protectrd the lazy ojes. The union was of course correct, and she was a potential scab.

Carrol