[lbo-talk] LBO News from Doug Henwood

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri May 14 11:57:22 PDT 2010

At 07:15 AM 5/14/2010, Shane Mage wrote:

>The coverup was orchestrated by Bush/Cheney--no bureaucrats,
>they--and had the total assistance of the "Opposition" party

You keep saying there was a coverup and therefore we'll never know what really happened. Then you proceed to endless speculation about what happened.

That appears to be a perfect way to not only not find out anything, but to also deflect attention away from the fact that the war itself is the problem, whatever the procedural machinations. Since when does the U.S. government need to go to so much trouble to get a war started?

Setting yourself a task that you admit is impossible is a formula for not being taken seriously because you are not doing serious work.