[lbo-talk] Teabaggers query

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue May 18 14:57:12 PDT 2010

> There's been a lot of head-scratching on the
> left about the teabagger folks. I'm curious: does
> anybody on this list actually *know* anyone who's
> involved in this fad?

Dunno if my mother's waving placards in the street, but she does talk the talk. In fact, the last political discussion we had was many months ago, and she insisted that Obama was Hitler, Satan, an Islamic agent, etc. I patiently countered her points and asked if she truly believed any of it. She looked hurt. I was questioning her integrity. Finally, I said that such criticisms were insane, that there's plenty to worry about without creating fantasies.

We now talk about the weather and her recent activities.

Noam would be upset with me for not reaching out more effectively. But then, he's become a statist puppet, so who cares what he thinks.

Dennis