[lbo-talk] Teabaggers query

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue May 18 18:19:21 PDT 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010 20:57:29 -0400 Dwayne Monroe <dwayne.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote about my Tea Party/Birther friend here:
> <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20100208/001907.html>

Thanks for reminding me. I remember reading that post and enjoying it quite a lot.

Has your friend always been like this? Would he have thought that Hillary "hated America" less than Michelle, if she were in the White House again? How much do you think Obie and Michelle's "mocha-ness" has to do with it? Not rhetorical questions -- I'm really wondering.

The reason I ask, I guess, is that this all seems terribly familiar -- far as I can tell, there have been people running around raving like this for at least half a century. I always sorta thought it was a pathology engendered in certain susceptible minds by the sensory isolation of living in suburbia and spending too much time alone in your car, listening to the radio. But maybe there's something new that I'm missing?

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I am in favor of leaving people alone, no matter how imperfect their polity may seem." -- Stephen Maturin, MD