[lbo-talk] Noam 1, Israelo-apartheid 0

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri May 21 08:49:44 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

> At 07:56 AM 5/21/2010, Miles Jackson wrote:
>
> I can't begin to imagine how you determine what a six month old "likes".
>>

> Setting aside breast milk.

For those rare North American kids who get it, at all, much less through six months... you know, surely, that its a premodern, barbaric and just plain icky thing... unless you're kinky and deviant (that's snark). And, so you know, my wife breast fed (and pumped at work) both of our boys for almost three years (no, it wasn't their only calories)... the number of my students (male and female) who are repulsed by the idea and the prevalence of negative reactions all around - in this university town and state capital - was, and remains, no little bit disappointing.