[lbo-talk] Noam 1, Israelo-apartheid 0

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri May 21 09:09:45 PDT 2010

At 08:49 AM 5/21/2010, Alan Rudy wrote:

>my wife breast fed (and pumped at work) both of our boys
>for almost three years (no, it wasn't their only calories)... the number of
>my students (male and female) who are repulsed by the idea and the
>prevalence of negative reactions all around - in this university town and
>state capital - was, and remains, no little bit disappointing.

They just haven't tried it lately:

http://blisstree.com/live/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-breastfeeding-sex-and-breast-milk-fetishes-but-were-afraid-to-ask/

I’m curious what breast milk tastes like. Can I try some?

If your wife is willing, sure! You can taste it straight from the source (as Chandler said, the packaging certainly appeals to adults!) or from a cup. It tastes sweet and a whole heck of a lot better than artificial milk. Don’t take my word for it though–read what this Penn State professor had to say!

Keep in mind that there’s a difference between a healthy curiosity about breast milk and an obsession with it. Since starting Breastfeeding 1-2-3 last year, I’ve come to learn that there are men out there with breast milk fetishes. If you don’t have a partner willing to share some breast milk, you’re sorry out of luck. Don’t try harassing a breastfeeding counselor or a milk bank for some (seriously, you will have the police show up on your doorstep). There are ways to buy milk on-line, but beware that buying milk on-line comes with inherent risks for your health. Unpasteurized breast milk can transmit HIV, syphilis and hepatitis A and B among other things.

There are legitimate reasons for adults to consume breast milk. Some cancer patients drink breast milk to boost their immune systems and reduce the effects of chemotherapy. That’s not just some wacky, far-out idea either. Scientific evidence supports the promising anti-cancer powers of breast milk.

Feel free to share your (G-rated) experience in the comments. Moms, has breastfeeding affected your sex drive? Dads, has breastfeeding (and any attendant increase in bust size) changed how you feel about your wife? Also, please take a moment to vote in the poll in the side bar.