[lbo-talk] beaches, erosion, etc.

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun May 23 08:36:04 PDT 2010

On May 23, 2010, at 9:43 AM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> Also, if Gar is reading, is it true that some environmentalist
> oppose windfarming b/c it might hurt birds?

I'm not Gar, but yes, that's true - something the richies on Cape Cod (like those great enviros, the Kennedys) cited to fight the proposed windmills that might mar their precious view. Modern turbines greatly reduce the avian toll - and aside from that, the windmill toll is a fraction of that lost to cars.

Doug