[lbo-talk] ruins of Detroit

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon May 24 09:50:28 PDT 2010

Is it possible that borh your "not responding" and Joann'as "You should respond" are based on a false conception of the unity of art -- i.e.., that there exists a "good" art worthy of the knowledge and "appreciation" of all, and that there is a line between such art and the art not so worthy.

Perhaps there ares simply too fuckig many fundamental varieties within a given form & period to be known/appreciated by all. That X whose judgment we shall hypothetically assume is wholly correct and Y whose judgmnet is also hypothetically always correct, may reach contrary judgments of the same category of Art C. Joanna and Doug are both correct and there simply does not exist a resolution of the difference.

Carrol