[lbo-talk] More "school reform" nonsense

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue May 25 14:33:47 PDT 2010

On Tue, 25 May 2010 14:07:35 -0700 Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote:

> when
> we're trying to get things done in an educational organization,
> turning a blind eye to people who don't do their work causes all
> kinds of problems for students, faculty, and staff. One example: a
> faculty member at a vaguely unidentified college I've worked at
> refused to grade final papers for a number of terms

This is a pretty unconvincing example, to my way of thinking. Anybody who refuses to "grade" is a hero in my book.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I am in favor of leaving people alone, no matter how imperfect their polity may seem." -- Stephen Maturin, MD