[lbo-talk] MP3izing music

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Tue May 25 14:49:57 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 05:23:59PM -0400, shag carpet bomb wrote:
> so, MP3izing the few CDs I afforded myself over the years has got me
> playing stuff that has been boxed up for years.

Why wouldn't you get via torrent things you already own? Just curious.

> I apologize for still liking the Counting Crows, Dwight Yoakam, Hootie
> (fuck you! I like 'em), STP (fuck you harder!), Norah Jones (fuck you
> with a football bat), Cheap Trick, Pearl Jam, Third Eye Blind, Sade,
> etc. :)
>
> heh. I just figgered this would be a fun new thread about the music I
> oughtta like in order to be a good and proper leftie.

When I think 90s (no offense, but thats what your list makes me think of), I also think about things like Sonic Youth and John Zorn collaborating with Yamatsuka Eye:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamantaka_Eye

which is either the ultimate indie-cred or the height of pretension, assuming there is a distinction.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim/google/MSN/yahoo: beyondzero123

We cannot separate the air that chokes from the air upon which wings beat.

-John Perry Barlow