[lbo-talk] More "school reform" nonsense

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed May 26 11:29:08 PDT 2010

"For decades education in the U.S. depended on exploitation of women so the teaching profession did attract talented people who would likely have been doing something else if they could have."

This is very true. I was the beneficiary of the last generation of women who could only teach or be nurses.

My pre-calc, calc teacher in high school was probably the best teacher I ever had.

But, I have to say, that even now, the teachers I see in OUSD are quite good, and are clearly there more for community service type reasons, and because they love to teach than for the nonexistent $$.

I'll say it again and I promise for the last time: teachers are not the problem.

Joanna