[lbo-talk] More "school reform" nonsense

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed May 26 13:53:45 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

> At 01:25 PM 5/26/2010, Wojtek S wrote:
>
> Teacher bashing is a national blood sport in America
>>

> I think that has a lot to do with the misconception that teachers get three
> months vacation every year.
>
> Perhaps true and yet I recall how the idea of three months off in the
summer for teachers was understood as a reward for 1) the amount of effort demanded over the other nine and 2) the willingness to commit to a career of public service to kids, their families and their communities.

The perversion of teacher bashing by family values types is as intense as any of their other failures of conscience, political commitments and cultural understandings.