[lbo-talk] ruins of Detroit

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 27 19:37:57 PDT 2010

Dennis wrote:

Why such hatred for classic Motown? Have any of you been to the Motown studio? It's a time capsule to the early Black 60s. So much talent in one small space. It's pretty amazing, actually.

I think The Supremes were fantastic. Temptations, too. The Miracles? Marvin Gaye? Four Tops? Jackson 5? Don't you people get drunk and dance?

My sentiments exactly. The best 'TGs' I ever attended were those 'keggers' around MSU in the late sixties with the Motown blasting and all us dancing and smoking weed until the wee hours of the morn. Maybe it was just a working class Michigander thing.

Tha-ta-tump, Mike B)