[lbo-talk] Chomsky regards himself as a supporter of Israel

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri May 28 09:45:53 PDT 2010

A more accurate parallel to Chomsky's statement would be "if a supporter of the struggle of blacks against Apartheid were to say, 'I count myself as a supporter of [South Africa]'" - i.e., a true patriot. Compare an opponent of Obama's criminal war in the Mideast saying, "I count myself as a supporter of the United States."