[lbo-talk] Chomsky regards himself as a supporter of Israel

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri May 28 10:15:01 PDT 2010

To be clear, this conflict doesn't stem from particular statements by Chomsky and Finkelstein, but rather from their mutual support for a two-state solution, a position which was never really tenable and becomes less so with every passing day.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/03/31/whos_afraid_of_a_one_state_solution http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8012a780-40d3-11df-94c2-00144feabdc0.html http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125461289

I cannot count the number of debates I have seen bog down in the details stemming from the one-state/two-state dispute, without the actual source of the disagreement ever being addressed. (A recent one between Carl and myself springs to mind.)

No it's not. This is pretty much the same line that Norman Finkelstein took