[lbo-talk] Chomsky regards himself as a supporter of Israel

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Fri May 28 23:08:43 PDT 2010

Michael Pollak wrote:
> ... So share: what is your one state solution

I don't know Israel-Palestine as well as I should. But the comparison to SouthAfrica-Bantustans allows a rudimentary answer: * one-person, one-vote in a unitary state; * rejection of Bantustans, cantons and other gimmickry associated with 'reforming apartheid' circa 1960-85;

> and what is the path by which we get there?

* full delegitimisation of ruling regime, semi-revolutiionary insurrection by uncivil society, and rapidly-intensifying Boycott Disinvestment Sanctions, at which point (1985-94), Capital and the State delink and a deal can be cut. (Not that we're happy with the deal here, but you know what I mean.)