[lbo-talk] Protest in SF

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 31 14:22:06 PDT 2010

On May 31, 2010, at 5:11 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> There were about 1000 anti-Israeli protesters, which isn't bad
> considering the short notice.
>
> There were about half a dozen pro Israel people.

In my interview with him, Norman Finkelstein said that on his recent book tour of the U.S., the only pro-Israeli protesters were at UC- Riverside - and they looked like they were from the Bingo hour at the senior citizens center. Israel's popular support in the U.S. is eroding badly - which of course doesn't mean bupkes for what the gov is going to do, at least for now.

Doug