[lbo-talk] Black Panther Coloring Book

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 06:31:03 PDT 2010

But you are NOT taking the point. You are letting your strong aversion utterly and completely blind you to historical and geographic context while, repeatedly, making completely inaccurate invidious comparisons. If it is not clear by now, the Panthers were NOT infatuated with guns. I think this has been shown by post after post after post. If you are aware of your negative predisposition to anything to do with guns then you should also be aware that this predisposition ought to keep you from talking about complex issues in the simplistic ways generated by your, now admitted, studied ignorance. In short, if you refuse to understand it, refuse to research it, and refuse to listen to people with direct experience with it the don't write about it... or, at least, don't write about it in a voice that is anything other than inquisitive.

On the quote from Marx, do you really think Panther leaders hadn't read it, thought about it, debated it, weighed the circumstances directly found?

On sanctimony, people who live in glass houses....