[lbo-talk] the end of Behind the News

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Nov 1 22:14:05 PDT 2010

> in fatigued moments tried to watch T.V. news. Impossible.

We have an FDA that can enforce regulations against imported mustard manufacturers requiring them to put a preservative into it that changes the taste (not for the good; as me how I know) and thus solidifies French's stranglehold on the domestic market, but we can't get the FCC to enforce a regulation that would require Truth In Labelling by all these bozos who claim to be delivering "news" ...

I got "news" for youse: there's just not that much actual news out there, let alone enough to fill dozens of channels of 24x7 activity. It's something, call it entertainment if you want, but it sure as heck isn't news.

There was a piece recently about how a bunch of breakfast cereals don't have enough of actual chocolate in them to say "Chocolate" on the label, so they've resorted to using "chocolate-y" ... some similar hijinx with "beef-y" going on.

I propose they be forced to use "news-y" ... or maybe "news-ish"

And: I blame Ted Turner.

/jordan