[lbo-talk] voters, man

Hecker Steve shecker at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 4 08:39:53 PDT 2010

For an interesting take on the high-earner tax, from a local progressive venture capitalist: http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/11/nick-hanauer.html

There's a long-running quirky state politics here. Washington has no state income tax and it gets destroyed at the polls whenever proposed. Oregon has a regressive income tax but no sales tax. The latter is the third rail of Oregon politics and loses by 3 to 1 at the polls. Oregon did pass a high earner income tax surcharge last time around. Steve