[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 5 09:55:45 PDT 2010

At 09:45 AM 11/5/2010, c b wrote:

>In the election, it was the upsurge of the right that had the most impact,

The fact that it was a mid-term election is what had the most impact. There is nothing unusual about what happened.

>Believe me. The vast majority of Black ( and probably most Brown )
>people disagree with you on this point. People who don't even usually
>talk about politics, relatively apolitical people, are coming up to
>me and talking about the racism against Obama.

Come on Charles. That's no more convincing than saying --- on the day after the gay marriage prop was defeated in California --- that it was because the "vast majority of black people" were against it. It was impossible to know that so soon and it turns out it wasn't true. What you're saying is based on nothing more than anecdotes.