[lbo-talk] Neoliberal Europe vs. Keynesian USA

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 11:27:14 PDT 2010

On 11/5/2010 2:19 PM, Angelus Novus wrote:

> Hahaha, how many people in the darkest Bush years ever thought this would be an
> actual constellation of forces?

But this has been true and well-known for years. Jean-Paul Fitoussi and the other establishment Keynesians at the French forecasting institute (OFCE) have been comparing US macropolicy favorably with Europe's since the early 80's.

What I'd like to learn from you, since I don't read German, is why Germany's unique political/economic culture is so exceptionally hardline about inflation and rigor. The cliche is that it's bad memories of Weimar but that sounds a little too pat to me.

SA