[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 19:37:33 PDT 2010

I don't think any of my arguments necessitate an untapped reservoir of potentially left-leaning voters. If I was unclear, just about everything I've written is rooted in only thinking abotut who votes, who votes for D, for R, for a TP or not at all, and when... with only slight variations in the content of the population of voters. Obama's campaign energized a base and drew the middle/swing/independent voters in 2008. His Presidency has disappointed the base, middle, swing and independents who voted for him and has passively fostered bipartisan obstructionism, dissembling Repug pundits and media, and libertarian and/or racist Tea Partiers. This energizes the opposition and depresses proponents indpendent of what the 50-60% of eligible non-voters think. Who cares if Obama's done a lot of press conferences, the press conferences are uninteresting, they don't have a clear message and he doesn't come off as a man on a mission in them.